BMO Harris uses routing numbers and SWIFT codes to identify specific accounts/branches when transferring funds from a BMO Harris account to another financial institution, or vice versa. ABA routing numbers are used for domestic transfers, and a SWIFT code is used for the majority of international transfers.
- 071000288 (main branch)
Routing Number On Check
The specific routing number of an account or bank can always be located on the lower-left corner of that bank’s check (as outlined in the sample check below).
How to Wire Funds
BMO Harris does not currently employ an online wire transfer service. Outgoing wire transfers must be initiated from a branch location, or over the phone. When initiating an outgoing wire transfer, you will need the following details:
- Bank name (BMO Harris)
- ABA Routing number (or country-specific code if sending internationally)
- Name on your bank account
- Bank account number
- Amount to wire
- Reason of transfer
- Recipient’s bank name and full address
- Recipient’s routing number/country code (SWIFT, IBAN, etc.)
- Full name of Recipient (as shown on their bank account)
- Address of recipient
- Account number of recipient
- Any other specific details as required by the beneficiary/intermediary banks
Note: outgoing wire transfers cost $25, and the fee for international transfers is $45. BMO Harris provides their telephone wire transfer service on a strict case-by-case basis – click here for more information regarding BMO Harris’s wire transfer security protocols.